Friday, April 8, 2011

The Magical Kiss


Today, for some reason, I started thinking back to the first graphic design class I've ever taken.  I started to remember some of the things Professor Madden taught me and my husband (who at that time was just my friend), because the things he taught me are basically the foundation of all my designs (after Jesus, hehehe). The other day I took on the hardest project I've ever had to take on. Originally I thought this would be BY FAR the easiest project EVER, it was the one project I thought would actually be the quickest and easiest: design my very own logo. I think I had a "brain glitch", or as my friends like to call it, a "brain fart" during this moment of my life (the last two weeks), because I would design about 10 different logos, and nothing seemed to be "just right". There were too many elements, yet I loved each element too much to remove one of them.

My husband, who I believe was pretty much fed up with me wasting days in front of the computer with no end in sight, turned to me and said: "Babe, K.I.S.S. Keep that in mind." I thought to myself, "KISS, what the heck is he talking about? Is he talking about the band? Does he want a kiss? What?" So I asked him, "What?!", and then he said the most magical, caring & loving words a woman could ever hope to hear from her husband:

"KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID".

As I glared at him from across the room, trying to sort out in my mind what just happened, and trying to figure out whether he had wished a death sentence upon himself by calling me stupid, or if he was seriously trying to help, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and asked him to elaborate on what he just said. Then he reminded me that was the motto that Professor Madden made us live by while taking his class. Whenever you couldn't get the design right, when you couldn't figure out the color or the font, or anything for that matter, remember K.I.S.S.: Keep it Simple Stupid.

I finished my logo that same night.

Thank you, Joi :)!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahhaha.... I loved it!!!!! Mandi you're so talented and I am praying that God will make you prosper, not only because you're good at what you do, but because you glorify his name in everything ^_^
    I love you,
    Candie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory to God Candi =)!!! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete